Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Five Senses Week (Day 2: Smell)

The Five Senses Week

Day 2: The Sense of SMELL

Thankful today for the sense of SMELL and all the things we can savor with this sense.

I am thankful today for the smell of warm toast with melty peanut butter, my favorite tea brewed strongly, the shampoo from Ella's freshly washed hair, homemade cookies from Grandma, summer flowers blooming, peppermint tea at a friend's house, my childhood quilt my mom made me when I was ten, the smell of soap while scrubbing hands and feet after a fun day's play, minty toothpaste, and the many, delicious smells of my precious baby, Sophia...the smell of baby soap lingering, the smell of her sweet breath, and the hopeful smell of diaper cream healing her sad, little rash.  I am thankful for the smells coming in through the windows on this cooler, summer day, and I'm thankful for the smell of recently-cleaned floors.

Micah noticed smells throughout the day, too, both good and bad, including his morning toast, his ice-cream-cone-dessert, and his baby sister.  We enjoyed looking for the gifts we can count with our noses.

Thankful for our sense of smell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment