Friday, May 24, 2013

Recipe of the Week - Paleo Breakfast Bread

This breakfast bread is a new favorite (for parents AND kids) in our house.  My friend, Kristy, who gives me many of my favorite recipes, gave me this a few months ago, and we have already gone through jars of almond butter making this yummy bread!  It is gluten-free, dairy-free, and includes only natural ingredients!  It is so easy to mix up quickly and throw in the oven just in time for a warm breakfast.  We polish off a whole pan in one sitting.  So if you're looking for a fresh breakfast idea, try this bread warm from the oven and know you're enjoying a healthy start to the day!

(We've heard it's good with some whip cream on top, but we personally haven't tried that.  The kids eat it plain, and my hubby and I like a little butter on top.)

Enjoy!

Paleo Breakfast Bread

1/2 cup almond butter
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

In a large bowl, with a hand blender, mix almond butter until creamy. (You may not need to do this, depending on the almond butter you have.)
Mix in eggs, honey, and vanilla.
Add salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
Mix well with hand blender until all ingredients are combined.
Transfer batter into a well greased, 8x8 inch pyrex baking dish.
Bake at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes (until fork inserted in the center comes out clean).

When doubling this recipe, the cooking time increases, so you'll have to keep checking it.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so de-lish! And I want to make it NOW. Do you think sunflower butter would work? I don't have any almond butter in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I honestly don't know how another nut butter would work. We've never tried that. But it could be worth a try, since it's so easy to mix up! Let me know how it goes! :-)

      Delete