Sunday, May 12, 2013

From Mama to Mama

There is not much sweeter than having your mama present with you when you become a mama.  And for me, I have been blessed with this moment four times over.  Every time we have welcomed a baby into the world, a baby that has made my heart burst and stretch and overflow with the strongest, fiercest, most amazing kind of love, my mom has been there to experience it along with us.  This is no small gift.  So much of what I have learned about being a mom, and what a precious gift it is, has come from MY mom.  From watching her live and love and walk in grace and beauty as a mother.  And from the example she has set, the memories she has made, the values she has instilled, and the joy in which she has done it.  And to have her, my biggest fan, my encourager, my advocate, being there with me as I bring children into this world has been nothing short of joyous.  Knowing that I have her support and love on this mothering journey is a gift beyond description.  Watching her love my kiddos and enjoy being a nana is another gift in and of itself.

So today, I just want to say Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful mom.  Thank you for loving ME and for encouraging me on this road that I am now on as a mama.  You have set such an amazing example, and I hope that I can be to my kids the kind of mom you have been to me.  I love you.

My mom with Micah, hours after his crazy birth
My mom, Micah, and me 

Us with Samuel right after his birth

Nana with Ella (Oh, I can hardly stand her bruising after her crazy-position delivery!)

My mom with Ella, Sammy, and me when Ella is 3 days old

Us with Sophia right after her birth, which happened only 15 minutes after arriving in my labor and delivery room!


Happy Mother's Day, Mom!  I am thankful for YOU!












No comments:

Post a Comment