Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend Joy

It was one of those weekends where we collapsed into bed on Sunday night and said, "Wow...that was such a great weekend."  I love weekends.  But how could I not when my hubby is home for two days and we get to do life together?  That is my favorite.  The kids and I went to my in-laws during the day Friday and they got to help plant the garden.  I took some of my favorite-ever pics of the kids eating watermelon.  Zach and I had an at-home date with Mexican fajitas and a Redbox movie, we went to my dad's house for a barbeque and backyard playtime with family, had Micah's best bud from church over Sunday afternoon (which also included treats from the ice cream truck!), and had our first backyard bonfire of the season in our firepit with some good friends on Sunday night.  In between our fun events, we did laundry, pulled weeds, and even got the floors vacuumed and mopped (I know, crazy that it is noteworthy, but it is.)  Pretty wonderful.  I loved it all.  I could say more, but I'll just show you with pictures instead.






























2 comments:

  1. I especially like the photo of Sophia saying, "No! I don't want to take a picture with my sister in our cute coordinating outfits!!!" :) So fun, although I'm slightly envious because the weather has been nowhere near nice enough to run through the sprinklers here in our neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, I did think it was kinda fun to throw in that "real life" picture...the moments that don't go how you planned but they are so real as they are, like a baby protesting a picture. Ha. The weather here has been so strange, but that day was super warm! You never know in the midwest! Really wishing we lived close enough for playdates! :-)

      Delete