Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 2, 2013

June 2, 2013 was a great day.

There are certain things I want to capture, so here goes...

Number 1: Today was a baptism service at church.  I could not stop crying.  It was one of the most beautiful and moving and simply amazing experiences I have ever had at church.  My friend wisely used the word "thick" to describe the atmosphere.  It was so thick with the Holy Spirit, and the stories of changed lives and people's desires to publicly declare to the world that they belong to God and are now set free, coupled with truths being declared in worship, left me weeping and rejoicing all at the same time.  Best Sunday morning.

Number 2:  Sammy and I went on a date today.  While we ate burgers and fries, we discovered that we most like the opposite kind of fries.  He likes the kinds with the potato skins left on, I like the kind without skin.  Without saying it aloud, we just started exchanging fries.  Every fry he found on in his pile that didn't have the skins on, he passed to me.  Maybe you had to be there, but it was so precious.  He was chatty and smiley and happy, and I loved being with him.  We wandered through the toy store so he could pick out something with some gift cards he had.  We split a treat at the cafe of the bookstore and then spent some time in the children's section where we happened to run into some of our best friends.  So fun!  Loved my special time with my sweet boy.

Number 3:  Micah ate four tostadas tonight for dinner, each spread with refried beans.  When Zach told him he must be going through a growth spurt, he asked for Zach to get out the tape measure.  So precious.

Number 4:  While the boys were trying so hard to play with Sammy's new toy from the toy store without the girls getting into it, I took the girls into their room to sit on the floor and have a "tea party."  We passed out the pink plastic Cinderella plates and cups and I treasured these sweet, although brief, moments with my two babes.  They sat still and smiled with delight at pretend tea being poured into their cups.  Sigh.  Loved it.

Number 5: When Sophia goes to bed at night now, she waves to each member of the family and says, "Ni-ight!!!" with a huge smile on her face.  Everyone adores her and dotes on her as the baby of the family, and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Number 6: Zach and I planned an at-home date tonight.  We really try hard to do this weekly, and I treasure this time together.  So after the kids went to bed, we made tostadas and homemade guacamole and settled into the couch to eat.  We were planning to watch some TV together but instead, we sat on that loveseat for hours, just talking.  Conversations that we haven't had a chance to have flowed, and we did some good talking about the kinds of parents we want to be, the ways we want to teach and discipline our children, and the ways I want to change as a mother.  It was deep and safe and healing and tiring all at the same time.  My husband listened to me pour out my heart, and I am so glad we had this time.  Best Sunday night ever.  What a way to end the weekend.  Thankful.

Here's to a new week!  A new chance to capture the rich moments happening all around us and to give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment