Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thankful Thursday

It is 6:58 am, and I have pages of lists on my table waiting to be tackled.

But first, I just wanted to hop onto the blog to give a moment to Thankful Thursday.

There are always so many things to be thankful for, but this morning, I am particularly thankful for the following:

- waffles for breakfast with my kids
- how my boys giggle when they hear how big the number is to a question like this, "Mommy, how many minutes are in 900 hours??"  They are amused by the smallest of things.  I love this about them.
- that two dear women from our small group babysat our children so Zach and I could go to a meeting at church last night
- that meeting at church - so rich and good and encouraging (SO thankful for our church and its authenticity)
- an unexpected hike through the woods with my hubby before this meeting (we can't remember the last time we had a walk, just the two of us, without kids.  I mean, we love walking with our kids, but this was lovely.)
- how thrilled my boys were to get their math curriculum in the mail for the fall...that is the first thing I found when I got up this morning: the boys in their jammies, pouring over their new books on the couch.  I am soaking up their love for learning!
- the anticipation of our camping trip this weekend with one of our favorite families (for a combined 10 kids and four adults!) .... can't wait!
- for summer and a fun schedule for the kids and me, including a trip to the splashpad and park yesterday with a bunch of other mamas that I love

Sammy's Thankful List...
- that we went to Veteran Acres
- that we had a picnic with Nana in the shade
- that we went to Savannah and Dawson's house
- that Daddy had a safe flight to Washington D.C. and a safe flight back
- that we got to make a fort and that we made a fort out of Trio blocks and that we hid the Ninjago book two times
- that God let us watch Faith Builders

Micah's Thankful List...
- that we have a house to live in and food to eat
- knowledge
- memory and brains
- that we have neighbors and friends and family
- that we live in a safe country
- that we get to do lots of fun things every single day
- that we get to have a computer to play awesome games and have so much fun
- for people who invent the games and invent the computer
- for electrical stuff, like phones and cars
- that we don't have snakes in our house
- that we have lots of supplies to live
- for our hearts

Now, off to get ready for the day so we can pack for our camping trip!

What are YOU thankful for today?  Do share!

An early Happy Weekend to you all!

Much Love!




1 comment:

  1. Though we hadn't thought of it before, please tell Micah that Allison and I are also thankful that we have no snakes in our house :) Have a blessed weekend camping.

    ReplyDelete