Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Recipe of the Week - Cheesy Meatloaves (and a quick hello)

Life has been busy lately, so the blog has had to go.  Thoughts have been swirling around in my head, but they will have to wait for another time.  I am in the day-to-day grind this week.  Diapers, laundry, meals, dishes, naptimes, more laundry, schooling, craft time, and yet another load of laundry.  I am weary today after a non-stop-kids-needing me kind of day, but my soul was refreshed after a chance to sit around our living room with our small group sipping cider, candle glowing, rain pouring down, worshiping, reading Scripture, digging into the concept of abiding in Jesus.  And what joy flows from that very act.  I am encouraged and refreshed, thankful for this group of people to do life with.

So all my other thoughts on life and mothering and rhythm will have to wait for now...there is a grocery list to be made and one more project before I can sink into my bed and sleep.

But I WILL leave you with my recipe of the week...Cheesy Meatloves...Happy Wednesday!


MINI CHEESY MEATLOAVES
(recipe from our beloved Julie, a friend who is basically family)

(Again, this recipe is super easy but so very yummy.  They can be made ahead of time and put in the oven later.  It's also easy to change the recipe up according to allergies.  My son, Sammy, who is allergic to dairy, LOVES these, and I just omit the cheese and milk from his and bake on the side.)

1 egg, beaten
3/4 c. milk
1 c. shredded cheddar
1/2 c. oats
1 t. salt
1 lb. ground beef

Mix ingredients together.  Shape into 8 mini loaves.  Line 9 x 13 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Arrange loaves in pan and top with sauce...

2/3 c. ketchup
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 t. mustard

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Our favorite is to serve these with mashed potatoes, corn souffle, and salad.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment