Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thankful Thursday

It is 8:24, and my oldest son (who usually is asleep at 7:00!!) snuck out of bed to say hello.

We just listened to a worship song together that I found online that he hasn't stopped singing since church last week, and now he asked me to do Thankful Thursday before he crawls back into bed.  How can you say no to that?  Oh my sweet son.

This is what he is thankful for today...

- I am thankful that I am still awake.
- I am thankful that Dorothy got home safely in Wizard of Oz (family movie night tonight).
- I am thankful for family.
- I am thankful for friends, especially Chuck.
- I am thankful for Spotlight.
- I am thankful I have pajamas to survive and so I'm not cold.
- I am thankful that we have food.
- I am thankful that the movie Chichin-Itza Pizza was really good.

This is what I am thankful for today...

- I am thankful for a home day.  It was a perfect, cold, wintry day to wear a warm sweater and slippers and stay home all day doing chores and schooling and potty training.
- Even though I spent a lot of my day wiping a runny nose and cleaning up potty accidents, I am thankful that I get to be home with my kiddos to do the day-to-day life with them, even if it's wiping their boogers away when they are sick.
- I am thankful for our family movie night tonight.  We just finished reading the novel, The Wizard of Oz, so we watched the movie as a family and I loved watching their little faces take in the wonder of that movie.  So fun.
- I am thankful to have this blog to capture some moments that I don't want to forget...like that Sophia's top tooth poked through first, that she climbed today on top of Ella's dress up trunk, that the boys leave their Legos out on their schooling table and build EVERY day whenever they have free time, that Ella wears her Cinderella shoes around the house and insisted on wearing pajamas today (which I let her because we are potty training and she is changing her clothes 8 times anyways), and that my boys ask me if we can have "tea time" every afternoon because that means a special treat and some read-aloud time.  I want to remember that they all love taking their turns rocking with me on the chair at bedtime and that the boys are almost always asleep just moments after their heads hit their pillows.  I want to remember Ella's dramatic singing of "Oh, Come, Let Us Adore Him," at bedtime and then giggling at the end as our mouths make the "Lord" sound.  And I want to remember that Zach and I can't stop talking about how amazingly cute Sophia is.  (Oh!  And that Ella successfully flushed her undies down the toilet today.  Seriously.)

This really is a beautiful life.

What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful for YOU and the friendship we share miles and miles away, that we can chat for 5 minutes or 5 hours and just rest in the comfort that you are always there. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Ella keeps you on your toes, doesn't she? :) I like reading your adventures in mothering! Thanks for posting....and for the positive perspective on a boy who got out of bed when he should have been sleeping! Love it.

    ReplyDelete