Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday.

It's been a few weeks.

Not because there isn't much to be thankful for, but because our days are sometimes so full and I am sometimes too tired to open up the laptop and write it all down!

This week has been a week of blessing upon blessing from others around us.

As most of you know, Sophia had her ear tube surgery on Wednesday, and everything went beautifully.  There was so much peace around the whole experience that it could only be from our good God.  I was so blessed to have friends and family texting and calling to check on our sweet Soph.  And we had lots of Facebook love, too.  Thank you all!  My mom not only watched our children overnight and for the day of the surgery, but ended up having to take care of Ella who started with the stomach flu only hours after being dropped off.  My poor mom had to do the crazy bath/strip the crib/start the laundry/change the toddler act in the middle of the night...THREE times!  Thanks, Mom, for loving on my Ella and for not complaining about having to clean up her throw up!!!  Ahhhh!!!!  In addition to all of this, she made barbeque chicken in the crockpot to send home for our dinner.  (In case you are wondering, YES, she is super-mom.)  A friend from church brought us homemade fudge, with a note that said something about hard days deserving chocolate.  How sweet is that!?  (And soooo delicious!)

And in case you need reminding that there is much, much good in the world, there is a final blessing from Sophia's surgery experience that I want to share.  Earlier in the week, I met a brand-new friend and her three kiddos at the park.  We had been emailing each other for months (because we both homeschool and we live in the same, small town!) and had attempted to get together numerous times, but something kept happening!  So we finally met in person, and I liked her immediately.  I knew we would be fast friends.  Well, the next day, after only meeting in person for one hour at the park, this amazing, new friend dropped off a card, a plate of brownies, and a gift card to Culvers so we would have one less thing to worry about for Sophia's surgery!  I was choked up at the amazing blessing and act of love that this was for me and for our family.  Who does that???  So so blessed by this new friend and her generous, thoughtful spirit.  And wanted to share how thankful I was for that sweet blessing this week!

Ella still has the stomach flu, we had to cancel our trip to Minnesota for my sister-in-law's college graduation,  Sophia had a midday diaper fiasco (which required a bath and some laundry and some major disinfecting!) and we have oodles of laundry to do, but we are taking it a thing at a time, and it is working.  Like I have said before, some days go smoothly and some days do not, but I want to remain in a spirit of joy no matter what is surrounding me.  Thankful today for moments of joy amidst the sickness and the crazy...Ella's cuddles and sweet requests for water and blankets, Sammy's infectious laugh at his and Daddy's silly jokes, Sophia's giggles while being tickled, and Micah and Sammy's after-dinner performances for us that made us all laugh.  Oh, there are so many sweet, sweet moments with these littles all around me every single day.  May I never, ever become blind to them.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment