Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Joy of the Daily Mess

"I give happy thanks for the daily mess with a smile a mile wide, because this is again my chance to wholeheartedly serve God....I can count each task a gift. This work - the thousand endless jobs - they each give the opportunity for one to become the gift, a thousand times over." -Ann Voskamp



I have been thinking on this quote the last few days as I go about my chores.  The chores are, indeed, never ending, and I loved this reminder that each task is a gift.  I get to be a gift to my family.  I get to serve and love as I go throughout my day.




Today, as I washed dishes and went grocery shopping and scrubbed potatoes and made muffins, I really tried to name those as gifts, to give thanks for those everyday, non-glamorous moments, and to choose joy in the process.




May I remember, when the tasks are overwhelming, the truth of these words and the privilege of my role in our family.

"...because this is again my chance to wholeheartedly serve God."

1 comment:

  1. This quote really resonated with me too, because the tasks truly are never-ending. It puts a greater vision on our sometimes seemingly meaningless job as homemaker. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete