Monday, July 29, 2013

VACATION!

I love vacation.  But who doesn't, right?  We just returned from a week-long trip to Branson, Missouri, where we got to stay in a lovely condo with a timeshare my in-laws allowed us to use for a great deal!  We truly had a blast, doing fun activities and adventures all day, every day, while we were there!  The kids loved playing in the condo, finding unique places to hide, coasters to stack, and cabinets to empty.  We went to the pool, the beach, and playgrounds, waited out the rain at a Starbucks, went out to a unique place for breakfast, got self-serve frozen yogurt, walked through the outdoor mall, danced to the fountain shows, had picnic lunches, went mini golfing and to an interactive nature center, played games of Candyland and Memory, and went to an amazing dinner theater experience.  We read books, drank lemonade, watched movies, took naps, and loved driving through the rolling, green hills.  We played games around the dinner table and spent time picking out words of encouragement for each other at bedtime.  It was fabulous.  Everyone that knows me knows that I treasure family time, that I love making memories, and that I am always up for an adventure, so this trip was perfect on all three accounts.  So thankful for this whole week we had together, without the distractions of the phone, the Internet, mail, and bills, without thinking about dust bunnies and to-do lists and errands and doctor's appointments.  There were no cloth diapers to wash, no meetings to attend, no plans on the calendar.  We just had eight whole days to play and be together, and I treasured it all.  Here are pictures from our week together...there are a lot, but believe me, I sifted through hundreds to pick my favorites!  Enjoy!



My little blondies!!!!








Our favorite breakfast spot in Branson

Peek-a-Boo!!


Our first Build-A-Bear experience!












Bass Pro Shop!




The horses at Dixie Stampede!

Sammy dancing to the music at the fountain show...


My three favorite boys!
Micah was the photographer for this one!
Daddy making the girls crack up on a walk through the parking lot!!!!
Our ice cream stop on our road trip home through St. Louis...one of Zach's childhood memories...Ted Drewes!
Happy Summer to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment