Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today, I am thankful for being in Minnesota, for time to connect with family and old friends.  I am thankful for a fun drive together in the car, for the Schmidt Family Reunion out in the country where we got to visit with second cousins and third cousins and cousins once and twice removed, for a playdate with my dear friend and her kids, for lunch at my sister-in-law's, for a brunch with my college roommate, and for a date night gifted to us (including babysitting) from my in-laws.  Thankful for time spent with grandparents who adore their grandchildren and are willing to help us with both the big and the little tasks of traveling and taking care of our kiddos, etc, and for time with good friends where we can pick up where we left off.

Thankful for a fun and memorable time to celebrate the Fourth of July with our sons as we took the two of them out for a special night of ice cream treats and fireworks at a nearby beach while the girls slept soundly under the watchful eyes of Grandma and Grandpa.  Sitting on a picnic blanket at the beach with our boys sprawled across our laps, chatting about which fireworks were our favorites (Sammy liked all the red ones and Micah like the ones that "looked like hair"), and wishing America a Happy Birthday, I couldn't help but file that memory away in my "life is so good and rich" folder.  I just love being a mama.  And I love experiencing life with my children.  I am excited to make memories with them that they will carry into their parenthood one day just as I have carried my memories into mine.

my attempt to capture the moment without missing it


Continuing to be thankful for summer and all of the sun we've been able to soak up as we play with friends and cousins, swim in the beach, play in the sand, run around outside, eat ice cream, go to the parade, and have family barbecues.










 

Thankful today and wanting to be thankful always...

What are YOU thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment