Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Our summer days have been flying by, full of activities and memory-making.  But this morning, as we got ready for the day and for a trip to the eye doctor, I finally remembered Thankful Thursday with my children...here are their grateful lists for today, obviously influenced by each other...

Micah's Gifts
I am thankful...
that we went to Michigan
for Michigan
that we're going to camp
for Minnesota
that we're going to Branson, Missouri
that we had a safe drive home
for Sophia
for Ella
for today

Sammy's Gifts
I am thankful...
for Michigan
for Minnesota
that we're going camping soon
that we're going to vacation soon
for Daddy, for Mommy, for Micah
for Sophia and Ella

Ella's Gifts
I am thankful for...
Daddy
Mommy

And today, I am thankful...
for Sophia's sweet-smelling kisses and open-mouthed smiles
Micah giggling sweetly at the eye doctor's exam and so blessed with perfect vision
for Micah loving t-ball so much that he pounded his fists in the air with excitement and chatted about it the whole way home
for Ella's tiny, loud voice yelling, "YAY, MI-TAH!!!" on the side of the field
watching Micah and Ella exchange kisses through the fence
Sammy's endless stories of make believe
a spontaneous Chinese and movie night with my favorite husband
crickets chirping with the windows wide open
worship songs throughout my day
laundry baskets bursting with clean clothes begging to be folded...what a privilege to have so many things for each of us to wear
a home that is well loved and lived in, full counters and baskets evidence of a summer well enjoyed (Can you tell I'm stretching for this one??   Trying to be grateful and content with our disastrous house because of all our comings and goings of living it up this summer...)
Today I am choosing to be thankful.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Micah and Sammy, I am thankful for Michigan too!

    ReplyDelete