Tuesday, March 18, 2014

California!!!!!!!

Tomorrow my husband and I will awake to our alarm going off at 3:30 in the morning to get up and make the dark drive to O'Hare for our flight to CALIFORNIA!!!!!!  We have been planning this trip for months, packing for days, and have had about three doctor's appointment to confirm that my 33-week pregnant self is safe to make the cross-country trip.  My sister-in-law, Leah, is marrying her love, Danny, in Napa Valley this Friday and Zach and I are getting to take a trip for FIVE days without our kiddos...

We have never left our kids more than two nights before, and we have only ever left them to either go to the hospital to have a baby or to go to Lake Geneva (45 minutes away) for a weekend getaway.  SO, the fact that we are getting on a plane and leaving our kids for so many days is a BIG DEAL for us.  I will, of course, miss them like crazy, but I am so super excited for this fun adventure with my hubby.

I really love being a stay-at-home mama, and I can tend to want everything "just so" when it comes to my kids, but I also really really believe in the value of building into your marriage and having time with JUST the two of you....therefore, I am SO beyond thankful for family and friends who are willing to watch our kiddos while we are gone.  I know that they will be in excellent hands, and I know that it is so fun for them to have adventures out of the norm, too.  The kids will be in four different homes while we are gone, but they will be well loved and cared for.  How blessed are we to have so many hands to love on our kiddos!!!!

I am so excited about all of the little things...summer dresses, Starbucks at the airport, sunshine, uninterrupted conversations, staying at a hotel, getting all dressed up for the wedding, girl time, taking walks, In and Out Burger, city buses, and sleeping THROUGH THE NIGHT.

More importantly, I love weddings so much, especially because I do believe so much in the value and beauty of marriage, so I am thrilled beyond thrilled to be able to witness Leah and Danny commit their lives to one another.  One of the most beautiful things that can ever be witnessed.

Zach and I have a full few days of wedding festivities taking place in Napa, and then, on the last night of our trip, we will head to San Francisco for a date day.  Cannot.  Wait.

So here is to "letting go" of control and entrusting others to watch out for my littles while we are gone...

Here is to the beauty of weddings and marriage...

Here is to grown-up time with my husband...

Here is to going to CALIFORNIA!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment