Friday, April 5, 2013

Thankful Thursday

It is 11:57, and my daughters will be up in 5 - 6 hours.  I have a full day of plans tomorrow, too, so this is Thankful Thursday in fast motion.

There is much to be thankful for this week.  Such a full social life.  Friends and family have filled my days, and I am so blessed.  My best friend from Michigan is here with my nephews, and I loooved spending the day together, walking to the park, salads for lunch, warm cookies out of the oven, sitting in the sun in the afternoon, and watching the boys dig in the dirt (which left a giant hole in our grass, by the way...).  The weather was exquisite.  Tonight was Girls Night Out with my besties, and it is always a blast sharing chips and salsa and margaritas together.  We can talk for hours like nobody's business.  We swap recipes, talk about silly things, talk about big things, and talk about our roles as mothers and wives and homemakers and friends.  For ALL of these things, I am thankful.

What are you thankful for today?

In other news, I came across this amazing website this week, The Orange Rhino Challenge.  She writes about her process of stopping yelling at her kids.  I am inspired.  I am joining this challenge of no yelling.  Day One??  Success!!  Care to join me on this journey?  I'd love it!  Let me know so we can encourage one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment