Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Ahhh...right now I am thankful to be sitting down.  Zach worked a bit late and so I was "on" for many hours and am now wiped.

BUT I am thankful for Zach picking up some fajitas for us to split for a little at-home date on the couch watching Parenthood episodes.

I am also thankful for a candle glowing warmly on the counter, for the hum of the dishwasher running, and for many folded stacks of laundry on my bed (I am thankful that I actually SAW the bottom of my hamper today ...even if it only lasted for a few hours).

I am thankful for my children's excitement over tortilla pizzas for dinner...seriously??  Is that all it takes?  Love that they love the simple things.

I am thankful for the story of Brother Andrew, a real-life hero of the faith.  We just finished reading his biography today and it was powerful and exciting and challenging all at the same time.

I am thankful for the joy of the Christmas season...my kids LOVE to cut another loop off their paper chain, eat another chocolate out of their advent calendars, and hang the daily picture that corresponds with daily Scripture for the advent devotional we do each night.  They love these little routines of marking each day of this Christmas month, and I love it, too.  I am thankful for the lit-up tree and the Christmas music playing and the cards coming in the mail and the Christmas books being read over and over.  Such a special season, and I love that they are excited about Baby Jesus.

I am thankful for a date with Ella this week, just her and me, to eat lunch and go to Starbucks.  What a sweet time with my little crazy.  And I am immensely thankful for a woman at church who REQUESTED to watch my children for a few hours this week...just because.  I really don't think that has ever happened before.  And while she was here, she unloaded my dishwasher, switched the laundry, and snuck a few groceries into our fridge.  Totally humbled and overwhelmed by this outpouring of love and service.  And SO grateful.

I could go on but it is time to eat and rest.

Love to you on this December Thursday...

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment