Sunday, December 2, 2012

Choosing the Couch

Our days this past week have been full to the brim from the wee hours of the morning to late at night.

There is so much I want to blog about to and capture...

...like Ella's first haircut.

...a quick trip to Minnesota for my grandma-in-law's funeral.

...my whole 20-person family together for brunch and a gingerbread house making contest.

...our trip to Nebraska and Iowa and my adventure days with the kids, including the mall, swimming at the pool and a trip to the amazing Omaha children's museum.

...my kids seeing Santa three times in a matter of days.

...Ella starting a season of tantruming.

...our trip to the Christmas tree farm and the Christmas season beginning at last in our house!

...my in-laws coming for a visit.

And of course, I have thoughts swirling through my head, waiting for time to catch on paper.

BUT, for now, with a weary body and a tired mind, I am choosing the couch instead.  We plowed through as much clean up as we could for an hour after the children were asleep, and now, we are leaving the rest for tomorrow.  We have not rested in days, and the show, Parenthood is calling my name.  Zach's pouring some hot chocolate and we are sinking into the couch, admiring the Christmas lights and munching on some cookies hot from the oven.

The rest can wait.

I'm choosing the couch.


No comments:

Post a Comment