Thursday, November 29, 2012

Recipe of the Week - Homemade Brownies

My husband and I are in love with this recipe for homemade brownies from my dear friend, Kristy.  I do not think I would like to admit how many time we have made them in the past couple of months.  I had never made brownies from scratch before, and I had no idea how easy it was!!  Since getting this recipe, we have not made brownies from a box...they are THAT good!!  And they could be a fun addition to your Christmas baking this season.

Brownies

1 stick butter, plus 2 Tbs. of butter
5 or 6 Tbs. of cocoa
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
dash of salt
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
chocolate chips
1/2 cup pecans, optional

Melt butter.  Add cocoa.  Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
Beat well.  Mix in flour and salt.  Add a generous sprinkling of chocolate chips and mix again.
Add nuts if desired.
Bake in a greased 9 x 9 pan at 325 for 25 min. or more depending on your oven.  Just keep checking. :-)
I like to sprinkle with powdered sugar for a "pretty" look.

Brownie Cutting Tip:  Did you know that if you cut your brownies with a plastic knife, they will cut smoothly, without "tearing" or pulling the brownies apart?  Totally works!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment