Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday

This week, Grandma (Zach's mom) came to stay with us for a few days.  We went to the library, she got to see Micah's first-ever Spotlight Showcase, she was here for our Halloween party, and today, we went on a field trip to the children's museum.  Today I am thankful for a mother-in-law who takes time out of her normal life to come be with us and do life with us...especially being so willing to help...including changing diapers, sweeping the floor, doing dishes, chopping onions, holding babies, reading books, taking the kids for walks, baking lots of cookies, and of course, providing great, silly-grandma entertainment.  So thankful for such a great relationship with her and for this special time to spend together, talking, laughing, and doing day-to-day life alongside each other.

She did Thankful Thursday tonight with us after dinner, too...

Grandma is thankful for a fun time here and for a great son, daughter-in-law, and grandkids.
Thankful for a chance to see life here in the "busy zone"...A busy, LOUD, very Christ-centered household...AND thankful for a quiet home in Minnesota.



Micah is thankful that Grandma is here.  I'm thankful for this day.  And I'm thankful I've gotten so far in this book.  I'm thankful for going to the children's museum.  And I liked the ball thing and the thing where we pressed into it and saw ourselves on the other side.




Sammy is thankful for what Grandma is thankful for.  I'm thankful for all our new library books that we never got before.  I'm thankful that Grandma is here.  I'm thankful for going on a walk and going to the museum.  I'm thankful for Halloween.  I like trick-or-treating.





If Ella had done Thankful Thursday today, I'm pretty sure she would have been thankful for playing in the grocery store at the museum, and getting soaking wet in the water room.  Her squeals and bouncing gave her away.  She had a blast.





Thankful for such a full week and for the blessing of family around us for life's special events.  Thankful for a fridge full of food, for floors that are swept, and for a warm bed to crash in after days of non-stop activities.  Thankful for getting to nurse my sweet baby and for my children's love of books.  Thankful for Ella's sweet singing voice at dinner, "You're my rock and my redeemer...You're the reason that I sing...I desire to be a blessing in your eyes..." even though she sang it over. and over. and over...and at an increasingly higher and higher volume.  Still precious, though.  Thankful for a night at home without plans.  Thankful that I have a God I can trust and in whom I can place all my fears and anxieties...for both the big, and the small.  Thankful to get to go on an overnight retreat with the women of our church tomorrow, and thankful that I know my husband will hold down the fort well while I'm gone (and that my children will probably have way more fun than when I'm at home...how does it always seem to work like that?)  Thankful that I have all that I need.  And more.

What are you thankful for today?






1 comment:

  1. That little Ella sure is enthusiastic about life, isn't she?!? It's a great thing!

    ReplyDelete