Friday, November 23, 2012

Unconditional Love Reversed

Many people say that when you are a parent, you understand more of God's unconditional love for his children because you experience a strong, relentless kind of love for your own children.

I have often thought that it can also be the opposite.

I think that Sophia teaches me the definition of unconditional love because she seems to have a beautiful sort of this kind of love for me.

There is something unique about babies.  They just love their mamas.  No matter what. 

It doesn't matter if I have make up on or if I'm in my jammies.

It doesn't matter if I have bad breath or am wearing lipstick or have brushed my hair.

It doesn't matter what time of the day it is or what I am wearing or what kind of mood I am in.

She just adores me.  Any time.  Anywhere.  Under any conditions.

Sophia stares at me with her big, round, sparkly eyes and gives me the most adoring smiles.  She gazes at me and loves me with her eyes and her grins and her energy and she seems to love in a powerful way.

So for me, Sophia has taught me more of God's unconditional love for me because she, in her nine-month-old self, seems to love me unconditionally.

And I want to love more like her.


No comments:

Post a Comment