Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thankful Thursday!  This post is full of gift lists from the boys and some recent pics of our happenings.  Blessings to you this Thankful Month!

Sammy's Gifts
-Trio Blocks
-the book, Rio
-the book, The Smurfs
-Colossus (Sammy's new superhero name for Daddy)
-Spidergirl (that's me)
-Flash (that's Sammy)
-Mrs. Flash (that's Sammy's wife) and Kid Flash (that's Sammy's kid)
-Hulk (that's Micah)
-Short Hair (that's Sophia)
-Black Widow (that's Ella)
-Papa
-TransformerMan (that's Chuck)
-Spiderman (that's Nolan)
-Uncle Chuck
-Sophia's teddy blanket
-pizza
-noodles
-the couch that we're sitting on
-ice cream
-Sammy chocolate...Flash chocolate
-Toy Story
-Legos
-Angry Birds
-Mario, Sonic, Temple Run, Wind-up Knight, Super Daddio, Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride
-Joker's Joyride

Micah's Gifts
I am thankful... 
-for this day.
-that we all get to be here together with each other.
-that I'm going to do subtraction next time we do math.
-for God.
-for what I'm doing right now because it's fun (a math activity).
-that I signed up for the next session of Spotlight.
-for Mommy.
-that I did my second Unit Test for math.

Ella's Gifts
I am thankful for Black Widow.
I am thankful for EVERYTHING!

My Gifts
Today I continue to be thankful that I am a work in progress, and that God does not expect perfection.  I am thankful that there is grace for the times I fail and that there is hope to continue to be transformed into the woman and mama I want to be.  I am thankful that God holds me in the palm of his hand and takes care of our every need.
Zach brought home leftover Mexican food today from a work meeting (and when I say leftover food, I mean enough leftover food to host a party), so I am thankful for a free, yummy dinner tonight (and probably many nights).
I am so very thankful for our house.  Even though it is small, I really and truly love it.  It is so safe and homey to me, and I feel very blessed to have a space to call our own.
I am thankful that I am homeschooling.  I have not talked much about homeschooling on my blog, as it has the potential to be a controversial topic, but Zach and I really believe that it is God's calling and purpose for our lives right now.  And I am loving it so very much.  My boys are learning and thriving, and I am thankful to be home with my children, soaking up so much sacred time with them.  Some of our highlights as of late: reading aloud the biography of Brother Andrew (a real-life hero of the faith), making painted handprint turkeys, watching Micah love his math lessons and really getting it, seeing Sammy light up around a map, wanting to know about countries around the world, taking the boys to McDonalds and to see a musical production of Peter Pan on a date, and getting to take off to Michigan this past weekend.  We have had lots of fun field trips and excursions, and I love it all.

Fun with cousins in Michigan and at the children's museum...







My boys with their happy meals on our date...these are a special treat, so we captured the moment. 

Waiting for the play to start...

Our homeschool buddies...

Sophia continues to embody sweetness in its purest form.  She is a treasure.  I so enjoy her role in our family.  I am so very thankful for this precious baby of mine.


Ella continues to stretch me, but I, of course, love her with the fiercest kind of love.  I am thankful for her.



I am looking forward to the week ahead as people all around focus on what they can be grateful for.  What a collectively sweet time for our country to be thankful.
Thankfulness precedes the joy.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment: