Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Micah

My oldest son, Micah, is in his last year of preschool.

How I love this boy.

Only a few months shy of 6, we have walked through many stages, and although I will confess that this is not my most favorite of stages, he is my most favorite Micah.  I was so excited about his Little Red Hen play at school this afternoon.  And after a morning of chaos (i.e., spilled water, new outfits, little hands in a poopie diaper, getting into Easter chocolates, messes, chores, pressure of time and schedules and constant nagging to do this, do that, to get out the door, etc...) we were ready for an outing!

He was the best mailman there could be...


All the parents, guests, and children in the class shared some banana bread and enjoyed a sweet, little snack time together after the play.


And it is even his turn for the "Fearfully and Wonderfully Made" board...Here is Micah's creation (My name is Micah...Here is my family...Here's my favorite food - noodles...This is what I like to do - play Angry Birds...This is my favorite book - Skippyjon Jones).


And on the board at school, there are pictures from each year of his precious, treasured life.  I cannot explain how or why, but my mama heart just jumps when I walk into his room and see him being celebrated and appreciated for who he is.


Micah, may you always know and believe how "fearfully and wonderfully" made you are.


I love you, sweet boy.

2 comments: