Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday

My kids have been asking throughout the week if it's Thankful Thursday yet, so clearly we are excited for this new tradition of thankfulness.  Here is what the boys were thankful for today...

Sammy's Thankful List
-that we are throwing balls today
-bananas
-my car
-that Daddy is going to come home
-this great day

Micah's Thankful List
-that I have four more eggs to find on Angry Birds
-that today we got to see Will
-that Mommy copied someone in doing Thankful Thursday so we can do Thankful Thursday, too
-that we get to play ball
-that we are going to do t-ball soon
-that my concert is tonight

Mommy's Thankful List
-a dear friend coming over for a playdate this morning and for the opportunity to pray together for our children
-all the colors in a pot of vegetable soup
-homemade brownies
-numerous hugs and kisses from my little ones
-Micah's school concert tonight, in which he and the other students sang and danced in the most precious way about God and his goodness
-an ice cream date with Micah on the couch WAY past bedtime to celebrate a special night
-a husband who encourages me to be present right in the moment and to focus on the one thing I am doing, rather than worry about all the things I'm not...

There is deep joy that comes from being thankful...hoping you can pause for a moment and count some things you are thankful for, too.

2 comments:

  1. I am a day late, but thankful for:

    Fridays
    Book study and great friends to share it with
    Breakfast for dinner
    Students who touch my heart in a deep way
    Home
    Laughter
    My devoted and wonderful husband
    My 29 year old (today) daughter who brings me constant joy, affirmation and encouragement

    ReplyDelete