Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My First Post

I have decided to start a blog.

I don't totally know why, but I have been thinking about it for quite some time and have decided that I want to jump on in to this crazy, virtual world of blogging.

I don't know where to start or what to write about or what my focus will be, but for now, I've decided to just start and see what happens.

If nothing else, I desire to have an outlet in which to capture life and mothering and all its moments (the good, bad, and the ugly), and in the meantime, if someone is encouraged or inspired, I would be thrilled.

I believe that in each part of life, we must find a rhythm.  It stops and starts and changes often, but I am always looking for that sweet rhythm where life works well.

I believe life is a race, a dance, and a journey, so feel free to join me on my journey of finding My Mama Rhythm...


__________________________________

In case you don't know me well, this is me.

I am a woman who longs to live life well...simply, deeply, and joyfully.

I am a woman who adores her husband and is ridiculously thankful to be married to him.  I have realized that I like life better when he is around.

I am a mama of four and I love, love, love being a mama.  I am pretty convinced there is no greater thing.

I am a person following hard after God, knowing that the fullest life comes from this.

I am one who loves the little things in life, who feels big emotions, and who both laughs and cries easily.

I love a clean house (although I don't often make the time to dust the top shelf, the blinds, or the light fixtures).

I love to cook (but there are many days where I just throw together a pot of spaghetti).

I love my cozy house where everything has a place (although there are moments when I am wanting more space).

I am crazy about my kids and even want to have more (but there are days when I can't wait until bedtime).

I love people (I am one of biggest extroverts you will ever know).

I love family.

I love church.

I love to organize.

I love the outdoors.

I love worship music.

I love to read.

I drink tea multiple times a day.

And I love dessert.

I am loud, I am emotional,  and I can tend to be a perfectionist.

I am constantly working on being more patient and on not comparing.

I am a person striving to count it all joy, to keep my grateful list close to my hand and my heart.

So here I am...and this is my attempt at capturing the moments that make life grand, at sharing the struggles that come along the way, and to continue learning the joy that comes from contentment in all these things.


4 comments:

  1. Aww, Sarah, I was just thinking about you a week ago and wondering why you don't have a mama blog yet. I was planning to ask you about it next time I saw you! Well, lookie here. Welcome to the blog world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks, Joy!! I'm excited! We'll see what comes of it. Do you have a blog??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blogged at http://joyblogstotheworld.blogspot.com/ for a few years, but I'm retiring that one and will soon be starting a new project with a friend of mine. We have yet to hammer out the details, but it's going to be a side-by-side blog of her life in Illinois and my life in Indonesia... an "intentional living and mothering from opposite sides of the world" sort of thing. We shall see! You'll come up with tons of fun ideas for your blog... I look forward to watching it develop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so neat, Joy! What a cool idea! Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete