Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer in Minnesota

Every summer we travel up to the Twin Cities for a visit.

I love Minnesota for many reasons...For one, I went to college there and I have such fond memories of my wonderful college years.  Also, this is where I met my husband and where we lived for our first year of marriage.  And it is where much of our family and several of our dear friends live that we like to catch up with.  It remains, as well, just a beautiful place to be.

Throughout the years, it has gotten harder to do everything and go everywhere and see everyone we want to see.  We have added children to our family and want to squeeze as much Grandma and Grandpa time out of being there, and we have to attempt to be home for naps and bedtimes, etc.  So we don't cram as much in as we used it, but we still have a great time.  This year was no exception as we filled our days with fun activities and enjoyed time with people we love.

We spent the afternoon at a family reunion, had many meals with family and friends, went to the beach and the playplace, had a date, took the boys to fireworks, ate ice cream, and had a family barbeque.  We sat outside and soaked up the beautiful weather, chased our children all around my in-laws' yard in the woods, and had great laughs and conversations with people who have been a part of our stories and our hearts...including a 90-year old great aunt, distant cousins, my college roommate and best friend, my dear friend I traveled abroad with in college, and my close friend who I have walked the mothering road with for six years now.  We met some new people and treasured time with the old.  My gracious in-laws took care of us and let us take over their house as we came and went, sometimes rushing out, sometimes settling in, capturing moments with the kids as often as they could.  It really was lovely.

Although I am rooted in Illinois, a part of me feels right at home in Minnesota, too, and for this, I am thankful.

Fourth of July 





Dentist Visits with Dr. Grandpa!


Our dear Minnesota friends...our four and their four

Beach Time!






Hide-and-go-seek

Four Generations!

We Love Minnesota!


No comments:

Post a Comment