Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today I will keep this short and sweet.

I am thankful that, at the end of a day where I didn't feel myself, where I couldn't get a great perspective or the desired amount of motivation to tackle the tasks I wanted to accomplish, I had exactly what I needed...a break.  Zach and I tucked our kids into bed in shifts, I quickly made up a batch of guacamole, we threw in a pizza, ran and got a Redbox, and poured cans of Coke into wine glasses.  We snuggled into the couch and ate and laughed and RESTED.  We made sundaes and talked through the emotions and struggles and questions of life...the way life sometimes seems so much bigger than we are, and the ways in which we long to stay present in the one thing we are currently doing, always with the strength and grace of God.

This is how I ended the day, and it was exactly what I needed.

So although we have many other blessings to name, tonight, I am thankful for rest...for movies...for Coke in wine glasses...for a husband who listens to me so well...and for the constant new mercies we receive every day.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment