Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Recipe of the Week - Blackened Chicken and Beans

Another go-to weeknight dinner idea!
It is super easy, super cheap, super healthy, AND yummy!

Here goes...

Blackened Chicken and Beans

2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz. each)
1 T. canola oil
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup chunky salsa

Combine the chili powder, salt, and pepper; rub over both sides of chicken.
In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.  Remove and keep warm.

Add the beans, corn, and salsa to the skillet; bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.

Serve with chicken!

I have made a pot of rice to go with this, grabbed out some tortilla chips, and that's dinner!  Yum!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your website?

    My blog is in the very same area of interest as yours
    and my visitors would truly benefit from some of the
    information you provide here. Please let me know if this alright with you.
    Thank you!

    Feel free to surf to my blog ... raspberry ketones reviews

    ReplyDelete