Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday

My heart is full of gratitude today.

We had a wonderful month of December and a very merry Christmas and trip to Minnesota to spend time with family and friends.  AND I had a wonderful day.

I am so deeply thankful for the relationships in my life.  I am specifically thankful, today, for my girlfriends that I got to spend my day with.  These women have known me my whole journey of motherhood, and that is so special to me.  It is so very wonderful and safe and freeing to have friends that you feel so comfortable with that you can raid their pantry, rummage through the kitchen to make a cup of tea, and know that when your daughter squeezes a juicebox all over the floor, they won't bat an eye.  I am so thankful for mommy friends.

I am also so thankful for my nephew, Chuck, who is over tonight for a sleepover, and the special friendship he has with Micah.  They have been best of friends since they were babies, and I love watching them together.  Today they loved having snack and building Legos and banging pots and pans during our family worship time after dinner.  Like a pair of old shoes, they are so comfortable together, and I am thankful my son has a best bud.



I am feeling incredibly spoiled by our parents and family from this Christmas season and all of the wonderful gifts we received.  New toys and books and pajamas and gift cards and more...we are SO blessed.

I am thankful for time with my husband off work over the holidays...what a treat to get to be a parenting team for so many days in a row!

I am thankful for a new year, for fresh starts and for new beginnings.

This year I am praying for more peace and patience...I am excited for the work God will do in my heart this year as I attempt to hand over myself to Him and say, "More of you, Less of me."  

This is the cry of my heart.  

May it be so.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment