Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Once again, it is fitting that Thankful Thursday falls on a day where my chores are feeling a bit monotonous,  there is too much to do and not enough time to do it, and I am feeling like a broken record with  my children who are lacking in obedience today.  Sigh.

A good day to count my gifts.

My best friend is in town for a few days with my nephews, my in-laws are coming to town for the weekend, my niece turns four today, and my son turns FOUR on Sunday.  We have a full few days ahead of us, with playdates, parties, swim lessons, and special meals, so I have lots of cleaning, baking, and wrapping to do!

So...I will keep this brief so I can be sure that my blogging is never taking away from my living.

Today I am thankful for my husband coming HOME from his work trip.  Sophia literally squealed in delight when she saw him, and she would not let anyone else hold her until she went to sleep.  She is in love.  So am I.

I am thankful for our small group.  Love all the people.  Love that they come every week to talk and pray and do life together.  Love the way everyone rallies when someone is in need or when someone needs prayer or encouragement.  And I love that even though our house is small, we can open it up for fellowship and community right in our living room while our children sleep all cozy in their beds.

I am thankful for my son's sweet heart.  Today he was incredibly disturbed by an advertisement in a magazine about babies with cleft palates.  He then wanted to send them all of his money for medicine.  May he always see and care about the needs of others.

I am thankful for Sammy's smile.  If you have seen it, you know that it melts hearts.  Seriously.

I am thankful for Sophia's sweet voice, starting to parrot us and saying new words each day.  She also started giving kisses...mmmm - ahhh!!!!  Best. Ever.

I am thankful for the sun shining and the birds chirping!  A beautiful, winter day!

I am thankful that God is growing me in patience, ever so slowly, and that He is patient with ME.  Praying I will continue to be more patient with my children as a result.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment