Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday

So I unintentionally have been on a break from blogging this past week...too busy living, I guess.

Nothing incredibly new or different, but lots of full days of activities and relationships and such.  And I am happy.

Last week, I had my kids participate in Thankful Thursday and tell me all their gifts for that day, and then I never got to posting my own gifts!  So here are their thankfuls from last week...

Sammy's Gifts...
I'm thankful for Daddy, Mommy, Sophia, Sammy, pretzels, that I'm four now!, Micah, God, Ella, Lydia and Luke, Chuck, that I get to play Mario, that I play with the castle and I get to save someone new, that we have a bunch of Legos, that we have a lot of Matt Christopher books and Magic Treehouse books, that I'm Big Boy Hulk.

Ella's Gifts...
I'm thankful for Daddy, Ella, Sammy, Micah, Princess, my friend Teddy, Sophia, Mommy, and dancing.

Micah's Gifts...
I'm thankful for a heart, that I got lots of tickets at Chuck E. Cheese, that I can't do a backflip because it's kind of dangerous, family, friends, Sammy's toy castle, that Sammy and Ella love to play together, Mario,  Matt Christopher books and Magic Treehouse books, that Sammy likes the knight game and wants to play it with me, that Daddy's cool, that we're going to Michigan tomorrow, that we're not homeless and helpless, and that we have lots of Bibles.

I love hearing what they come up with and love watching their little minds think.


Today, I am thankful for all of the people in our lives.  Our lives are rich and full.  And I'm thankful that we've had some sweet times with lots of these folks in our lives lately.

Celebrating good news of a new job and a successful exam with our small group...


Being completely spoiled by having a dear, family friend, Arden, over for the day as a "mother's helper."  It was SO fun.  We did a craft and she helped me in getting things done and playing with the children while I had some writing time.  She even found my broom and started sweeping the floor after lunch!!!!  Amazing, right?  What a blessing.


Arden's family came over for dinner last week, and it was such a fun time!  Here is a pic of all TEN children around the table eating dinner together.  SO fun!

My amazing sister starred as the narrator in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.  We brought our three big kids and we all LOVED it.  My sister is incredibly talented AND gorgeous!  Way to go, Anj!


The kids and I got to have lunch with two of my girlfriends from college, who I traveled abroad with one semester, and it was so good to see them after several years!!!  What a treat!

Today we had a playdate with our homeschooling buddies.  I don't know what I would do without my friend, Jen.  We do monthly field trips together, our kids get along great, and we are in a book study together, too, where we have grown closer and deeper in our friendship over the years.  Today, I left feeling so blessed to have a friend that I am so comfortable with, who lets my baby go through her cupboards, who feeds us all lunch, and who I can talk with for hours and still have more to say.  The kids made a cute Easter craft of Jesus's empty tomb, and I loved that they put their hands to making something that had to do with the meaning of Easter, each of them writing, HE IS RISEN on the bottom!  Beautiful!



I am thankful for daffodils on my kitchen table, a gift from a generous woman in our small group.  They literally bloomed overnight, and I literally feel happy looking at them.  What a beautiful sign of spring and life and new beginnings.

I am thankful for having a break this week from school, leaving time to play with dear friends and snuggle up together on the couch for movies and reading books.  

I am thankful for all of Sophia's new words...she is in the most precious stage, copying everything we say and do, clapping, dancing, smiling, giggling, delighting in life as only a baby can.  

I am thankful for Ella's sweet voice that rings with JOY all throughout my day.  I could never tire of hearing that girl's voice.

I am thankful for Sammy's smile and his sweet spirit.  Turning four seemed to give him a fresh boost of energy and love for life.  He seems to be enjoying himself more and more these days.  What a gift!

I am thankful for Micah's mind developing and growing each day, constantly mulling over new thoughts and words and ideas, and I am thankful for the thoughts he lets me into.  His thoughts are refreshing and powerful.

I am excited about the holiday weekend, and I am hoping that as you are reading this, you are knowing that Easter encompasses everything that we live and breathe and believe.  Jesus willingly died for the shortcomings of you and me, and through his redemption on the cross, through his blood and sacrifice, we can have life overflowing in the here and now, and life eternal one day in heaven.  This is the exact truth that gives us purpose and meaning and hope.  The joy and the life and love that we can embrace and experience are all from this moment on the cross.  I pray you will know this truth today...for the truth will set you free!

Happy Easter!


2 comments:

  1. Neat crafts! The bunny pic of the three of them is darling. As is the background of your amazingly organized house and homeschool corner behind it. I need some organizing help from you!!
    Life well lived, my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Kim, thanks. Our shelf is organized. Our garage is not. Such is life...haha. You are always full of encouragement for me. Thank you! Love you!

      Delete