Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Apple Orchard

One of my favorite days of the ENTIRE year is going to the apple orchard.

As much as I love the adventurous, full days of summer, I love fall even more.

I love the crisp air.

I love the leaves changing colors.

I love sweaters.

I love cider and pumpkin bread and chili.

I love apple crisp and apple pie and homemade applesauce.

And I love the experience of going to the apple orchard.

This year, because of the weather, there were no apples to be picked at our favorite orchard (Edwards Apple Orchard), so it was definitely a different experience for us as we went on Sunday!  But we still loved our day there and had a great time going with my brother and his family.

Our experience would not be complete without hot apple cider and the yummy cider donuts.

 The kids loved ringing the big, old bell there.

 Cousin love.

 Petting zoo.




 Fun at the wooden play area and on the old tractors.







Picnic dinner before we head home.


Hoping to pick apples again next year, but so thankful for the wonderful, fall day we had together as a family at the orchard.  Truly one of the best days of the year.  We still have more things on our fall bucket list, such as picking our own pumpkins, having a bonfire, making fall tree paintings, and baking lots of our fall favorites, including pumpkin bread, apple pie, and apple crisp!  The kids are getting excited for trick-or-treating, and we are also keeping this season of thankfulness on our minds and hearts as we approach the months leading up to the holidays.  We are soaking up the last days of sun and warmth and are looking forward to the cozy winter together.

What is on your fall bucket list??

2 comments:

  1. Adorable pictures! I just need to kiss all those faces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures. Too bad there were no apples, but still great memories.

    ReplyDelete