Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Recipe of the Week - Pumpkin Bread

As a way to welcome Fall, I would love to share my absolute favorite pumpkin bread recipe.  Each fall, the kids and I make it numerous times.  It is soooo yummy.  Definitely a perfect way to enjoy this cooler weather - a hot cup of tea or cider and a slice of bread.  It was given to me by my dear friend in Minnesota (simplicityinthesuburbs.com), and we have both passed on this recipe to many people!

Enjoy!



Pumpkin Bread


1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ Tsp. baking powder
½ tsp salt
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
¼ cup lt. brown sugar
½ tsp. vanilla
1-15 oz can pumpkin
¾ cup oil
ground cinnamon

Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside. 
Beat eggs, sugars, and vanilla in large bowl on high speed for about 30 seconds. 
Add dry ingredients and mix well. 
Add pumpkin and oil and mix well.  
Sprinkle as much cinnamon as desired and mix again (I always sprinkle in LOTS, and this is always a favorite job of my little helpers, too). 
Pour batter into two greased (medium-sized) loaf pans.  
Bake at 350 approximately 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment