Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Much to be thankful for this week.

Our homeschooling journey started on Monday, and the boys and I have truly enjoyed this time together.

Some homeschool highlights that I am thankful for...
  -  sitting on the floor with Micah, math manipulatives all around us
  -  reading aloud to the children a biography of a true, Christian hero
  -  taking a romp through the woods and by the river in our neighborhood
  -  building clay animals
  -  baking brownies
  -  watching Sammy light up over the alphabet book he is making
  -  Micah so excited about his first math test
  -  watching the "Fify Nifty United States" song on Youtube over and over and over...
  -  starting our day with devotions and a memory verse

I am thankful for the opportunity to school my children at home, and I am so thankful their little minds absorb so much and that they are so excited about what we are doing and learning!  Sammy said in a prayer time this week, "Thank you, God, that we are doing homeschool every day and that we are doing the calendar every day."

I am thankful for a slower-paced week to adjust to the new schedule and routine of fall and of schooling.

And I am thankful for grace in finding a new rhythm...


 Our First Day of School...



Sophia has started eating solid foods this week, and I am trying to hold very tenderly these precious moments with her as a baby.  I know too well that the time "goes so fast," as everyone says, and I want to savor her babyhood as much as possible.  Her smiles, her chub, her bright blue eyes, her little coos...I want to capture and treasure it all.  She is a picture of true joy and beauty and life, and she is a breath of fresh air to me every day.

She literally pulled the doll-sized pack n play over herself this week...ha!

Ella and Sammy helped me bake brownies today as a surprise for Zach.  Micah asked me if it was because Daddy brought me flowers the other day...I am so thrilled he gets to see us loving each other, and I hope and pray he will experience the joy that comes from loving outside of yourself.


Thankful for our new routine and for freedom and grace as I figure it all out.  Thankful for the cooler, fall-ish weather, and thankful that we have everything we need.

1 comment: