Monday, October 8, 2012

One Step at a Time

Today was one of those I'm-glad-tomorrow-is-a-new-day kind of days.

I was just off.

All the parenting tips and discipline strategies that I've been working on lately seemed to go out the window.

I resorted to impatience and frustration and yelling.  I started seeing through a negative lense.

Sigh.

So thankful that I am a work in progress, and even though I would like to be a perfect work in progress, I will have to settle for being an imperfect work in progress who is beyond thankful for grace.

A wise woman from my church once told me that if we had everything just right, we would have no need for God.  And, oh, how I need my God.

We are moving forward one step at a time, and if you take a step backwards here or there, that's okay, too. We are covered by grace, and we get to keep moving forward that next step.

Tomorrow is a new day.

And I can do it.

We can do it.

One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment