Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Micah's Gifts
I'm thankful...
...that I'm going to Michigan.
...that I'm going to see Chuck.
...that Papa's going to take me.
...that I'm going to play there.
...I'm thankful for the Spotlight showcase that's coming up soon.
...I'm thankful for going to Morton Arboretum.

My Gifts
I'm thankful...
...for cozy, rainy evenings at home.
...for my son's opportunity to go with his papa to Michigan.
...for how close my boys are to each other...Sammy was NOT happy that Micah was leaving for the weekend, but we continued to prepare him.  When the time came for Micah to leave, Sammy gave him many hugs and kisses, and ran down the street waving goodbye.  Precious.
...for Ella's love of babies.  She puts them down for naps in her crib, turns on the white noise, and closes the door.  She then makes sure NO ONE goes in and wakes up her babies.  Adorable.  Also, she nursed her baby today with the boppy.  Monkey see, monkey do, I guess.
...for a visit with a dear friend from high school.  The littles and I got to go see her and her new, precious baby, and although it was a chaotic visit (what was I thinking bringing my three children with??), she was lovely and gracious and didn't seemed phased by my little crazies.  And it was nice to catch up, even just briefly.
...for a FULL week of family visiting and day after day of fun activities and great people around us.  Feeling very blessed by both our families.
...for our new small group that started earlier in the month.  Each week has been rich and encouraging, and last night, as worship rose in our home and poured out the open windows, I felt so blessed to be a beacon of light on our block, thankful that we can gather and encourage one another in our home and can speak and sing of the truths of our God.
...that my husband is so willing and ready to serve and help when he is home.  After the kids go to bed, we work together to finish our chores, and I am beyond thankful that he doesn't hesitate to jump in and help with dishes and diapers and sweeping.  Thankful to have a teammate.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment