Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Recipe of the Week - Taco Soup

Another great cold-weather recipe...Taco Soup!  This is a staple in my family for many get-togethers, including our annual Halloween dinner.  It is so easy to throw together, it simmers on the stove for a few hours, and it is so warm and yummy...Enjoy!

TACO SOUP

2 pounds ground beef, browned (I often use ground turkey)
2 cans corn, drained
1 can kidney beans
1 can mild chili beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 large can tomato juice
1 chopped onion

Combine all ingredients.  Cook on low for four hours.

Serve with shredded cheddar, sour cream, and fritos!!!

To make a great combination, serve cornbread on the side!
(By the way, Trader Joe's has my absolute favorite cornbread mix. So good.)

One more thing...this is one of those recipes that freezes well, so if you have a large pot, you can double it and freeze half, too.  I did this when I was pregnant and had homemade soup to pull out after Sophia was born. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm adding this to my meal plan for next week! Sounds yummy! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete