Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Another full day.

Chores.  Children.  Mothering.  Schooling.  Meeting.  Groceries.  Dinner.  Girls Night Out.

So I will make this brief because my bed is calling my name.  Loudly.

But today, I am thankful for a husband who helps with chores and cleans the kitchen while I race out the door for a girls night.

I am thankful for soup in the crockpot and biscuits with apple butter.

I am thankful for girls night out...how I love, love, love my girlfriends.  Sitting in a booth at Chilis, snacking on chips and salsa, drinking margaritas, laughing until my sides hurt, catching up on life...surely this is a slice of heaven.

I am thankful for how God takes a lesson he wants to teach us and brings it to our attention in several different ways.

I am thankful for the hope of transformation in the areas of my weakness.  I am thankful that God doesn't expect us to be perfect but gives us grace as we overcome little by little.

I am thankful my best friend is in town and that my kids get to have playtime with their best friends, too.

I am thankful that my in-laws are coming to visit, too, and I am thankful that we have such amazing family who loves us all so well.

And I am thankful for my sweet, blond-headed children who are so-not-perfect but who are so-very-perfect in their own way.  I want to celebrate them well, and I love their smiles and their hands and their kisses and their sweet little voices and giggles and ideas.


What are you thankful for today?


No comments:

Post a Comment