Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Sammy's Gifts...
I am thankful for...
...God.
...Daddy.
...Sammy.
...Hulk.
...going to the library.
...Papapa.
...Nana.
...snakes.

Micah's Gifts...
I am thankful for...
...Mommy.
...our dinosaur class.
...schooling.
...learning about dinosaurs in the dinosaur class.
...Mommy being funny.
...lesson ten in math.
...this tradition of schooling and doing chores.
(I promise I am typing these out word for word...hilarious to me that he used the word, "tradition.")

Zach's Gifts...
(He wants to participate tonight.)
I am thankful for...
...a rich small group meeting last night and men's Bible study this morning.
...warm apple pie and vanilla ice cream.
...work, and also, that it is meaningful.

My Gifts...
Today I am thankful for a quiet, slower day at home.  My days lately have been full to the brim, so a slower-paced day was quite welcomed.  The boys attended a dinosaur class through the park district today, so while the girls napped in the car, I enjoyed a trip through Starbucks and a peaceful drive with a pumpkin spice latte.  I was thankful for this little break in my day.  I am thankful for the fall weather.  I am thankful for an evening with no plans and a good book to curl up with.  I have been working lots and praying much for patience and a calm spirit in my parenting and discipline, and I am thankful that I see myself being transformed in this area more and more each day.

My sister's next door neighbor has gone missing with her two daughters, and all day my thoughts and prayers have been on this family.  Crises like this really put life into perspective, so today, I am simply thankful for my husband and my children and us all tucked into our little nest safely.  Life is precious and sweet, and I don't want to take it for granted.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment