Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Recipe of the Week - Bagel Melts

Looking for a super casual dinner, or an easy Saturday lunch?  These bagel melts are both easy and soooo yummy.  We have baked many-a-bagel-melt in our home, and we love them!

I thought it could be a fun meal to share...(Also a fun playdate lunch with a friend!)

Bagel Melts

(There really is no recipe to it...)

Just slice some bagels and place them all on a baking sheet face up. (I even line my pan with foil so I don't have to wash it!)

Layer with deli meat, vegetables (we love sliced tomatoes and green peppers, but you could add onions, mushrooms, or any other veggie), and sliced cheese (my recommendation is two slices per sandwich as it seems to "shrink" as it melts).  My mom likes to sprinkle sunflower seeds on the top of hers.

Bake at about 400 for 10ish minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bagel is toasty!  (And we love to dip ours in Ranch dressing.)

Like I said, super easy, but if you're looking for something different, try it out!  Serve with soup or salad or chips to complete the meal!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment