Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I have been thankful that today is Thursday because it is encouraging me to notice the blessings around me and to be be grateful.  It has been a long, tiring week or two, and I am feeling weary.  My days have not been as joy-filled or as smooth as I would want them to be, and I am running on fumes after many, many nights in a row of plans...
Life is so good and so full, but I am tired and starting to notice a shift in my attitude and capacity this past week.  So sitting down to contemplate my blessings is exactly what I needed today.

I am so thankful for Sophia...she has truly been my "happy place" this week.  As soon as I scoop up my precious bundle, my heart softens and I just melt with love for her.  She is so sweet and content and smiles at people with such adoration.  I could hold her forever.  LOVING the baby stage.
I am thankful for my husband...who helps me with chores at night, who lets me cry and vent when life gets overwhelming and listens to my rambling thoughts, who stays on the phone with me for 11 minutes for moral support while trying to kill a bee in our house, who stops at the store to pick up something we need or to get a good deal, who walks in the door saying, "How can I help?", and who is one-hundred percent attentive to our children when he is home.  He is truly out-of-this world.
I am thankful for the anticipation of a trip to Minnesota for a family wedding...thankful for my amazing in-laws who excitedly await our arrival.
I am thankful for our patio and our little backyard...a perfect place where we love to enjoy meals together as a family as often as possible (and I love the added bonus of not having to sweep the floor inside, too).  Today was one of those days where the kids and I ate lunch AND dinner outside and soaked up the sun.
I am thankful for little girl summer dresses.
I am thankful for raspberry lemonade.
And I am thankful for a dirty bath at the end of the day which signifies to me a day well-played and well-spent for my children.

Micah's Thankful List
-that we get to eat outside for lunch for the first time
-that we are going to Minnesota tomorrow
-that right now we're doing this
-that my Race for Education is tomorrow
-that Mommy killed the bee
-that the bee didn't sting Mommy

Sammy was napping today when Micah listed for me his blessings, but I will say that he told four random and unrelated people at Target yesterday that we were going to Minnesota to see Grandma and Grandpa in two days...So I am translating that he is thankful for this event coming up.

Thank you, God, for the joy that comes from a grateful heart.  May this bubble up in me regularly and in the hearts of my children.

(Our lunch in the backyard today...gotta love the sunglasses.)

1 comment:

  1. Your post gives me such a tender heart for you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete