Friday, May 25, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday...

Sammy's Thankful List
-Christmas
-Christmas presents
-animals...but not crocodiles
-letters
-houses
-Lightning McQueen
-pee and poo
-Elmo
-Daddy

Micah's Thankful List
-my Percival Caterpillar play
-Mason's birthday party that's coming up soon
-that RedSkull is frozen (my side note: this is a superhero toy that got put in a cup of water and placed in the freezer so it can't hurt anyone...)
-that I only have two more golden eggs to find in Angry Birds
-Mommy
-that Grandma and Grandpa are coming soon
-and the moon (my side note again: Micah thought this would be funny cause it rhymes)
-Sammy's Tag reader
-that we have charts and got four stickers
-that Sammy got a new book for getting five stickers on his chart
-that we have lots of events coming up
-breakfast
-that Bike Day is coming up at school
-Bicah (his teddy bear)
-school
-my toys
-that we have a house cause some people don't
-neighbors
-that we went to the Randall Oaks petting zoo
-my Larry picture
(In case you didn't notice, he wanted his list to be REALLY long.)

I am thankful for warm, sunny days, for a fridge full of fresh produce, for presents wrapped, stacked, and ready for all our fun festivities for the weekend coming up.  I am thankful for cleared counters and a motivator to clean my house (as my in-laws come to visit tomorrow).  I am thankful for homemade pizza and for forts built in my house with couch cushions.  I am thankful for a late night phone call with one of my dearest, far-away friends, and I'm thankful for my book study girls that I can gather with and be myself.  I am thankful that we can both share recipes and stories of our kids' silly happenings but also dive into the deeper parts of marriage and mothering.  I am thankful that I can be safe in sharing my struggles with parenting Micah lately, and my hopes and dreams of being a more calm, intentional mama in my discipling of my children.  Thankful for friendships and for not having to do life alone.

What are some of your blessings this week??




No comments:

Post a Comment