Monday, May 14, 2012

Tomorrow is a New Day...

So today I was just not feeling it...
Not feeling the motivation, the happiness, the intentionality that often marks my days.
I was worn out from a busy weekend.
I was behind on my chores.
I was crabby and low on patience.
While I was sitting on the couch nursing, Ella found a granola bar in the pantry and managed to unwrap and eat it one hour before dinner...and I just sat there and let it happen.
It was just. one. of. those. days.
My floors have crumbs on them, my piles of laundry keep growing, and the full counters are evidence of days of activities without breaks to catch up.
The day was full of feedings and diapers and preschool and discipline and toy mess, and therefore, my day ended feeling just as behind as it started.
I managed to have spaghetti and salad on the table for dinner, and as soon as I sat down and looked around, my crabbiness began to melt a bit...listening to all the precious chatter around me, watching Sammy use his fork with such focus, and looking at Ella's spaghetti-stained smile, I started to name my blessings in my heart.
Tonight we went with our small group from church to a worship and prayer hour at a local ministry, and I was so blessed to sit and soak in the truth...that I am loved, that I am His, and that He is GOOD.
All the time.
Even when I am not.
So today, I am thankful for second chances, for a continual refining process, and that tomorrow is a NEW day.



1 comment: