Friday, August 10, 2012

Camping Cousins

This past weekend, my whole 20-person family (minus my brother, who couldn't make it) met up in Indiana for a weekend of camping.  I use the word "camping" loosely, since we went to dinner at Applebees one night to escape the heat, went out for ice cream at Dairy Queen to escape the rain, had a microwave, two crockpots, and a Keurig to use for meals, and ended up at the Holiday Inn for our last night.  It was an eventful trip that started with the stomach flu and ended in a hotel stay (after our bedding was dripping with water after a huge rain storm).  Despite the crazy conditions, we had a great time, and the cousins all soaked up their time together, playing and laughing for hours on end.  I keep marveling at the fact that in my family of four kids, all of us are in the exact same stage of life together, all being young families and having children in this same season, some only days apart.  It really is a blast, and I am so thankful for family and so thankful my kids get to grow up with their cousins as their best friends.  

Here's a little picture review of our trip...

















And it all ended with a good soak in the tub when we got home!
We LOVE family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment