Tuesday, August 28, 2012

SIX

Micah, you have had a big year.

This year, you learned to read.  And, oh, how you are loving this new world that has opened up to you.  You read everything, everywhere, without any effort anymore.  You just read.  And I love watching you discover the world around you through the written word.  What a gift.


You also learned to ride a bike.  You are still practicing, but you did it by YOURSELF!! That was a huge conquering of your fears, and we are so proud of you.

                                      

You participated in your first t-ball league, and you loved playing games against other teams.  You ran as fast as you could all over the field, and I loved watching you from the sidelines each game.

                                                

You left home for a week without me for the first time, on your most incredible Florida trip with Nana, Papa, and Lil Chuck.  What a special trip that was!



You learned to do the monkey bars, and now that is usually your first pick at the parks we go to.  I love watching you swing from ring to ring, bar to bar.  You are so strong!

You swam out to the pier at Grandma and Grandpa's lake in North Oaks all by yourself, and you loved the reward of standing on that pier and jumping back in the water!

                                    

You also became a big brother for the third time, and you are smitten with your Sophia, loving on her, helping me with little things, and being so kind and devoted to her.

You have grown into such a little boy over this past year, and I have loved watching you grow.


I love your sense of humor and the way you laugh from your belly.  I love that we can now laugh together at silly things your brother or sisters do.  

I love your intellect.  You share with me the most amazing facts, like all the different kinds of bats the world has discovered, the tallest mountain in the world, the hottest planet in the Solar System, and details from the Bible.

I love your responsibility, the way you remind me about things, follow the rules, take care of details, and never leave me worrying about whether or not you will behave when I am not with you.

I love your love for games, and I love the way you explain, in great detail, all the different levels of Angry Birds or Jetpack Joyride or whatever game you are into at the moment.

                                                 

I love your smile.  It lights up your face.

                                       


I love your heart.  It loves people well.

                                                    

I just love you so much, Micah Zachary.

I am beyond humbled that God chose me to be your mama.

Happy Sixth Birthday, my precious son!























3 comments:

  1. So cute! Is that an underwear mask on the face?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your thoughts Sarah and of course love Micah and all

    ReplyDelete