Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Tonight I am thankful.

I am thankful for the anticipation and blessing of leaving tomorrow on a family vacation and for my generous in-laws who are giving us a great deal on using their time share!

I am thankful for my gracious mom who brought me lunch this afternoon and stayed for hours to help with party preparations (for a double-party for Micah and Ella right after we return from Missouri!) and dishes and children, etc.  She knows how much I am a "we person."  I felt very spoiled.

I am thankful for my husband who cherishes me well and who brought me flowers and a grande, decaf, upside down, iced caramel macchiato (I know, I know) this week at just the right moment.

I am thankful for Ann Voskamp's words and blog (aholyexperience.com) and how she challenges and blesses me immensely.

I am thankful for Micah's excitement for learning ("Mom, do you want to know all the different kinds of bats the world has discovered??").

I am thankful for Ella's new sentences  (Me: "Ella, what would you like?"  Ella: "How 'bout chocolate, Mommy!?").

I am thankful for the perfect kind of girls' night with laughter and sharing and margaritas and the best homemade guacamole and salsa from our local Mexican dive.

I am thankful for cozy, rainy days.

And I am thankful there is always hope. and always second chances. and always joy available to us in our gracious, loving, forgiving God.

Always trying to figure out my mama rhythm, always learning what to say "yes" and "no" to, always praying for patience and perspective, and always trying to give thanks...

Only by grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment