Monday, August 20, 2012

Vacation - Part 3

Another lovely day for the Schmidts in Branson.  
I am enjoying our family time so. very. much. and am being reminded, yet once again, how much I love being a mama and how head-over-heels in love I am with each of my little treasures.  Everywhere we go (and I mean, everywhere), people stop and comment on our stair-step children and how we must have our hands full.  My response?  Yes, our hands and hearts are SO full.  We. are. blessed.

Sister snuggle time...
(Ella..."Hold Phia, Mommy?"

More swim time and picnic lunch, poolside...



After-pool baths...How many blonde heads can you fit in one picture?
p.s. I think Ella has officially joined the "blonde" majority in our fam.

Soph hanging with Micah as he plays on Daddy's Android...

And our highlight of the day...our vacation "splurge"...The Dixie Stampede!!!!  It was truly as amazing as everyone told us it would be.  We enjoyed a comedian and juggling act for the pre-show and then a delicious, southern feast (with NO silverware!) while we watched an incredible show, complete with costumes, music, lights, horses, buffalo, chickens, racing pigs, lumberjacks, fireworks, and flying dancers.  The kids were one-hundred percent engaged the entire time, and we all loved the yummy food!  It was such a treat and such a fun experience to mark our vacation with.  

Seeing the horses as we walked to the entrance


Ella waving, "Bye bye!" to all the horses on our way out.

 There was a "no-camera" rule in the Dixie Stampede, so we don't have any pictures of the event, but it was nice, in a way, to just be fully present in the moment, not thinking about snapping away to remember later.  I'm pretty sure none of us will be forgetting it anytime soon, anyways.  Absolutely amazing...

Micah's highlight: Tyler with the blue shirt (the award-winning, record-breaking juggler in the pre-show) and the lumberjacks competing on the rolling logs in the water
Sammy's highlight: Tyler (because Micah said that) and the racing pigs
Ella's highlight: the water
Daddy's highlight: the racing pigs
Mommy's highlight: the finale with patriotic costumes that lit up...AND the delicious food...AND watching everyone enjoy the experience...(I know, that was three, not one...)

Now off to play a game with my husband...have I mentioned that I love vacation?



No comments:

Post a Comment