Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Our Five Senses Week (Day 1: Hearing)

The Five Senses Week...

Micah has been learning about the five senses and has had a particular interest in this the past few days.  He asks people, "What is your SENSE?" meaning...what is the sense you use the most/strongest in your life?  I told him, for example, that his SENSE is his hearing.  This boy manages to hear EVERYTHING that comes out of my mouth, even when I think he is far out of earshot.

We decided this morning to have a Five Senses Week, and each day we are going to focus on a different sense, paying particular attention to that sense and all the gifts from God that we find in that sense.  Our first day is HEARING.  We are listening to the sounds of our life today and are thanking God for the gifts that we HEAR...

Care to join us on this journey??

Here are some of the gifts we HEARD today that we are thanking our good God for...

The gifts Micah heard today...
I hear Sammy, and I like Sammy.  God gave me Sammy.
I hear everyone in my family.
I hear myself, too.
I hear you typing.  God gave you a computer. (And I use it, too.)
I hear Sophia breathing.  God gave Sophia her breath.
I hear your phone ringing.
I hear the sound of the car going over the bridge.

The gifts I heard today...
The birds chirping outside our windows.
The tea kettle whistling.
Veggie Tales worship in the background.
My children giggling at each other.
Sophia's sweet nursing sounds.
The sound of singing voices blending together to bless a beloved mom and nana on her birthday.
The planning of cousins working together to dig in the sand on a beautiful beach day.
The mix of chatter and comfortable silence of my sons reading books together on a blanket under the tree.
The bathwater running, ready to bathe away the dirt of a full, summer day of play.
The squeal of a vivacious one-year old.
The hum of the monitor telling me that children are finally asleep.



What are the gifts you heard today?





No comments:

Post a Comment