Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I am off to a homeschool convention for three days, so I'll be anxious to process here later about what I learn! One of my dear friends from Canada is flying in for it, so we are creating a girls night to catch up in between conference days, I have a birthday party to attend, a baptism to attend, and scheduling to manage for my husband's work this weekend and my children and babysitters, etc.  So lots of moving parts around here these days.  Trying to take it a day (...and a list) (...and a load of laundry) at a time.

So for now, I wanted to briefly pause before the whirlwind to remember our Thankful Thursday.

Today I am thankful for summer...for sunny days, watermelon, sidewalk chalk, backyard meals, picnic lunches, park time, playdates, splashpads, sand tables, sunglasses, hats, crocs, lemonade, ice cream, and barbeques.




I am thankful for the opportunity to attend the homeschooling convention and am excited to soak up information that I will use in schooling my first year with Micah in first grade and Samuel in preschool this fall.  I am thankful that God has called us to this opportunity and thankful that my sons will be home with me.

I am thankful for my best friend, whose birthday was yesterday, and thankful God has blessed the world with her and has given her to me.

I am thankful for my children's creativity and joy for life.  The highlight of my day yesterday was watching them reenact scenes from Veggie Tales, mostly of David and Goliath (or Dave and the Giant Pickle).  Even Ella was joining in on the fun, punching her arms in the air towards the Philistines and all of us cheering when David defeats Goliath...(I wonder what our neighbors must think of us??)  I love the way they laugh and smile and bring deep joy to my heart.

I  am thankful for my husband's support of my role as a stay-at-home mama.  He so gets my rhythm and encourages me constantly to be present in what I'm doing, to take it a thing at a time, and that I am working in the greatest calling as a mother.  He is also extremely willing to serve our family, modeled this week in taking two days off work to stay with our kiddos so I can attend the convention (except Sophia, who gets to come with me).  He truly is the most amazing man I know.


Micah's Thankful List
I am thankful that we got to go to Veteran Acres yesterday.
...that it is summer break.
...that I am having school at home.
...that T-ball is going to start soon.
...that I get to go to T-ball at night.
...for the movie Elf.
...for Sophia.
...for my dream (I beat the Ninja version of Angry Birds!).

Samuel's Thankful List
I am thankful for...
...the splash pad.
...that Daddy gets to stay home today.
...for T-balll.
...the Hi-Ho Cheerio, Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, and Ladybug games.
...that I get to hit the ball.

Ella's Thankful List
I am thankful for...
...Daddy.
...Mommy.
...Daddy.
...Mommy.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment