Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday (a bit late)

Ah!
The day has slipped by with me forgetting about Thankful Thursday!

Lots to be thankful for around here...we are living summer up well, spending as much time outside as possible and cramming in tons of fun activities.  The laundry piles up and I've had to stay up super late to get some of the basic chores done, but I really am loving it and loving the fun moments created with my children.

Today I am thankful for hand me down clothes!  What a blessing for our budget!
Also thankful for our fun week of activities...the beach, the splashpad, dinner at my sister-in-law's, McDonalds playplace, playdate with a childhood friend, park playdates, T-ball, and out for ice cream.  (Confession: We went out to ice cream/had ice cream this week a bit more than what is probably healthy...Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and today!  Not really a planned thing, but I admittedly allowed that to happen!  LOVE going out to ice cream in the summer!)
I am thankful for family living close and thankful that I got to spend time this week with all the girlies in my family and all of my nephews and niece!
I am thankful for the gorgeous weather.
I am thankful this week, most of all, that my husband is coming HOME today after seven L.O.N.G. days of him being done for a work trip.  As is probably obvious for those that know me, I really and truly adore my husband.  He is completely my other half and my best friend and I really really like doing life together.  It is so much better to get through a dinner with overtired children when we look at each other and discreetly roll our eyes or laugh together at the way one of the children said or did something.  I love knowing that at the end of the day, he will come home, and we will be together, and I love knowing that even if I am up late with friends or working on a project, I can crawl into bed next to him and know that he is HERE.  That said, I am relieved that I don't have to do life alone this weekend, and I admit that it will be nice to have someone to help with the many diapers changed each day and the human alarm clocks in our home that go off at FIVE in the morning...and it will probably be healthier for us to stop eating so much ice cream!
As much as I am beyond ready for my other half to come back home, I am so thankful Zach has a job working for a great organization, and I am thankful that he is able to do meaningful work that he enjoys.  It's a stretch for me to say that I am thankful for his traveling, but I will try to be thankful for the fact that life is even sweeter when he comes home after a trip.

Since I am writing this so late, my boys have been fast asleep for hours, so we'll have to catch up with them on their thankful lists another time...

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment