Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sweet Sophia

If you know me well, you know that I love, love, LOVE babies.

And this time around is no exception.

Sophia Elaine Schmidt is my fourth baby, and I am head-over-heels in love with her.


She is precious in every way.  Her pudgy, baby-chub body is absolutely incredible, her skin is smooth and soft, her hair is this sweet strawberry-blond, and her eyes are so round and a piercing beautiful blue.



The minute you connect eyes with her, she smiles.  And sometimes, it doesn't even take that.  Sometimes I catch her smiling at the walls, the ceiling fan, or just at the sounds of family life around her.  Her smile is the kind that lights up her face, her eyes twinkling, and her chin lifting just a tad.  And she is so wonderfully generous with her smiles, bringing smiles to anyone who stops to take the time to look at her and have a chat.



I love my sweet Sophia, and I am amazed at the way my heart continues to grow and swell and burst with the love that spills from my heart for each child I have birthed.  


Some may create conclusions that a fourth child is not getting as much attention as the others did, and although life is busy and there are many needs to be met, this fourth child seems quite content with the live theatre happening around her (starring Big Brothers 1 and 2 and larger-than-life Big Sister), the baby carrier where she stays safe on my chest, and the quiet time after her siblings are asleep when her daddy and I sit in her personal space and gush over how precious and perfect and wonderful she is.  I love these sweet times at night because I know that I know that I know that being a fourth child is not taking its toll on her.  She has her loud, happy, busy, sibling-lovin'-time during the day (amidst snuggly nursing sessions and adventures to the doctor's office, store, parks, etc) and her sweet mommy and daddy time at night where we pass her back and forth and love on her as best as we can.





She seems pretty happy to be a part of this loud, crazy, full-of-life Schmidt family, and we already can't imagine our lives without her.

Love you, Soph.


5 comments:

  1. Adorable! :) She looks a lot like Sammy in that picture of her just in her diaper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I see a lot of Sammy-resemblance in her - especially him as a baby. :-)

      Delete
  2. You and your family are so blessed! Sophia is SO beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so true. She is very personable and so smiley! She is well-loved by all of us. Love you all. :)

    ReplyDelete